What I’d Recommend & What I’m Buying from the Sephora Sale

It’s an exciting day in the beauty world as the Sephora sale starts today! This sale happens twice a year and I  use it as an opportunity to try products that have been on my radar, stock up on favorites and get a head start of some holiday shopping.

The details of when you could start shopping and what you save. Use code HOLIDAYFUN. 

  • Rouge: 20 percent off from October 30 to November 9
  • VIB: 15 percent off from November 3 to November 9
  • Insider: 10 percent off from November 5 to November 9

Lets jump right into what I’d recommend and what I’m buying.

Face:

Tatcha The Dewy Skin & Farmacy Honey Halo: I tried several face creams in 2020 and these two really stood out to me. Both are incredibly rich and hydrating, the main thing I look for in a nighttime face cream, especially as we enter the colder season. I know you’re probably thinking “well if you had to pick just one…?”  I’m not entirely sure if I’m being perfectly honest because I really love both. They’re not at Augustinus Bader level, but honestly, they’re my two right under it and at a much lower price point.

The Honey Halo is less expensive (and really good), so maybe I’d start out with that one? If you’re able to swing both, I’d do that and alternate. If you do end up trying both, please let me know which you prefer. I’d be so curious! Also, I should note: if you’re someone who looks for a lightweight, thinner face cream, these are definitely not for you. If you like thick, dense and to just slather it on at night or if you’re working from home, try these!

Farmacy Honeymoon Glow AHA: Most nights, I alternate between simple hydration (like the Bader or one of the above I mentioned), retinol (below) and lately, the Honeymoon Glow AHA. This is one of my favorite treatments that exfoliates, gets rid of dullness and that simply brightens the skin.

Shani Darden Retinol Reform: This retinol has developed a crazy cult following for a reason. Prior to it being at Sephora, it was a product you’d hear everyone from Rosie Huntington to Jessica Alba constantly rave about. I get why, it’s gentle, yet effective. I typically use retinol about 3x a week, alternating with the above Honeymoon Glow and two nights of simple hydration. I’m currently using one from Environ that my derm recommended, but this is my favorite one from Sephora.

Farmacy Honey Potion: I’ve raved about this a lot and if you haven’t tried it yet, it’s a must. It’s the most moisturizing mask that melts into the skin, instantly leaving it softer and hydrated. Definitely one of my favorite masks on the market.

Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask: For another favorite mask that’s completely different than the Honey Potion, I love this one. Whenever I’m feeling a bit dull, usually about once a week, this always brightens and perks my skin up. If I’m feeling extra motivated, there are some days that I use the Honey Potion after this one.

FYI: When using this one, I never use an acid toner before. That would be too many actives on the skin at once. 

Farmacy Deep Sweep: Another product from Farmacy because they really do have so many great products. If you’re in the market for a toner, also known as the last step in the cleansing process, I really like this. It gently exfoliates, cleans pores* and never leaves my skin feeling dry or irritated.

*Reminder: cleans pores does not mean you’ll be poreless. That’s not really a thing and it’s important that we have realistic expectations of what we should or shouldn’t expect from our skin. Having zero pores is not a thing! 

Supergoop! Glowscreen: This is one of my favorite SPFs. It’s lightweight, absorbs well and has the nicest glow. While most people seem to love it on its own, I prefer it mixed in with another SPF to “turn down” the glow. I kind of prefer it at a 50%, so I’ll mix with something like Elemis SPF (not sold at Sephora) or any other facial SPF that I own and love.

Hands & Body:

I’m so happy that Necessaire is now at Sephora. The body washes smell divine (sandalwood and eucalyptus are my favs), the lotion is simple, but in the best possible way and their latest, the hand cream is my new favorite. Doesn’t make my hands feel sticky, moisturizes and in packaging that is so chic and just looks good coming out of your handbag or hanging out on your nightstand. Also, don’t sleep on the sex gel. Just saying…

Hair:

Christope Robin Purifying Scrub: Another holy grail for me. Over the years, I’ve really learned about the importance of taking care of the scalp. The bottom line, the healthier the scalp, the healthier the hair. This purifying scrub really detoxifies and helps get your hair to a better place. Just make sure you follow the directions on the bottle.

Olaplex Holiday Kit: There is rarely a Sephora sale that I do not replenish my Olaplex products. The No. #3 Hair Perfector is always a holy grail, but I really just love all the products and just like having them in my hair rotation.  Currently, I rotate between using Olaplex and Prose.

Lashes:

GrandeLASH: Over the course of this past year, I’ve tried several lash serums. Neulash and GrandeLASH were my top two favorites (aside from Lashboost, but it irritated me). Neulash is not sold at Sephora (although currently 15% off), but the good news is, GrandeLASH is. I love it and personally, I haven’t experienced any sensitivity or irritation.

What I’m buying and trying:

Tatcha Dewy Skin Mist: I’ve never tried, but I’ve heard people mention this time and time again. The description says that it’s “a silky, fine mist moisturizer that can be used under or over makeup for dewy glowing skin anytime, anywhere.” Not entirely sure what that means yet, but I’m looking forward to trying out.

Fresh Rose Lip Butter: A beauty guru friend raved about the new lip butter from fresh and I immediately knew I was ordering. I am an absolute sucker for anything labeled a lip butter so another one I’m excited to try.

Ilia Super Serum Skin Tint:  I’m finally giving this a try after so many of you raved about how great it is for a natural, dewy finish. I went with the color ST5.

Replenishments of some holy grails: I always get Nars Creamy Concealer (I wear Creme Brûlée), Benefit Precisely My Brow Pencil (I use #3), Benefit Brow Setter and Living Proof Dry Shampoo – my absolute favorite one out there.

Hope you found this helpful!



from Brooklyn Blonde https://ift.tt/2GdbcIJ
via brooklynblonde

Comments